Friday 12 April 2013

NEW YORK on My Mind



ESCAPE to NEW YORK!




    Mud Season in Vermont is not the ideal experience. To escape somewhere South is the M.O. and if you time it just right, Spring in its budding glory will welcome your return. So it never bothered me until this year; the mud sucked my car up like a sinkhole, you cannot walk around to enjoy the warmer weather: MUD! It's in your shoes,  on your boots,  kicks up on the back of your pants, it's everywhere.
     I needed instant refuge to elude the mud, I wanted to walk for days, smell the Spring blossoms and break out from the trappings of harsh seasonal change. Escape to NEW YORK!



                                   


                    
                             A WALK AROUND the CITY











Great day, Great walk
   



Time for TERROIR 

Terroir is my favorite wine bar in Manhattan, the wine lists 
are innovative and outside the box, they were the first to 
bring the remarkable wines of JEREZ to the mainstream
         palate. Paul Grieco (owner) said, "we're just not cork-pullers."


The Bar Snacks are terrific too!

A FREE glass of sherry before 7pm

Beet Gorgonzola Arancini and Pear and Pecorino Salad

Bone Marrow and Pickled Apples


Veal and Ricotta Meatballs with a glass of Dolcetto d'Alba Roagna 2011 and Brooklyn Brewery's Dry Irish Stout


                                    

2 comments:

  1. Are you in NY? I would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is that you? are you in New York? I'll send you an email. xxx

    ReplyDelete