Saturday 29 December 2012

Decorate Workshop


This week I have spent some time reading one of my Christmas presents, the new book by Holly from Decor8.


The book is not only full of ideas but has Holly's warmth and generosity. You feel she is right next to you guiding and encouraging you to take the plunge into your imagination.

Holly's approach to decorating is planning. She has a very practical approach, a hands on method. To me that is music.  She helps you to organize your thoughts and ideas by making lists, getting a sketchbook and pencils, collecting information of all that inspires you arranging it on a mood board and importantly measuring your space. But she says it all with her warmth and smile. I missed her launch of this book in London, it was November 6th, ( I was at the Embassy, it was the election.)

I enjoyed reading it and although I am familiar with the design process, there are ideas I will be happy to share with my students. I loved all the beautiful spaces and the arrangements and the photography by Debi Treloar is stunning. I was also pleased to see many rooms from my favorite bloggers like Desiree from Vosegeparis. The book is available on Amazon here, it is a good read and really encourages you to start or finish a project, I got to finishing the tiles in my kitchen...




No comments:

Post a Comment